Monday, November 28, 2005

Homegrown Demons

http://www.demonbeachrecords.com/

The brothers Mann have been under acclaimed and under appreciated for the lasting impact they have had on the music scene here in the flatlands of the piedmont area we like to call the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, NC triangle. They are truly an institution.
Over the years The Triangle has been home to several independent record labels, some well known some nearly anonymous.

Demonbeach Records seems like the logical offshoot of http://www.demonbeach.com/, which is like a clearing house for psychobillys and the babes that inspire their art. It’s the muse of the good natured sleazeball. Boy howdy!

Clifton Lee Mann paid me one of my life’s greatest compliments. I see no reason to go into our personal conversation but suffice it to say that it meant a great deal to me. He came to my rescue on a moments notice when I needed a bass player for Sleazefest 2000. I have broken bread with him and his lovely partner. Jennifer Love took me into her home and made me feel welcome when I was too fucking drunk to deserve it. Rock Forbes opened his home to Butchwax when we were desperate for a practice space and he did not know shit about me, or my band.
Robin Mann has answered my call to arms on a number of occasions over the years. He played guitar on some recordings I did at Jag Studios way back when. More recently he has hosted my broken & outdated website without complaint or pressure. As musicians they have rocked the house and boogied on down for 30 years. These are fine people, some of the finest I know.

That said, let’s get down to the vinyl tacks. Demonbeach Records is just good ole homegrown. Integrity, hard work, dedication, creativity and a heartfelt belief in what they are doing, that is Demonbeach Records. Artists currently waving the Demonbeach flag are Bad Checks, Adult Film Makers, The Ghost of Rock, Dexter Romweber, The Spinns, The Loners, Butchwax, Dragstrip Syndicate, Transportation; did I forget anybody? These are cool guys that release great records by bands they love. What more could you ask for?
Contact

Demonbeach Records: p.o. box 6693 raleigh, NC 27628-6693;
or e-mail
clif@demonbeachrecords.com or jenn@demonbeach.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home