Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Anarchy in the Piedmont


this spot has been suffering from neglect lately. I have been concentrating on pdqAudio. pdqAudio is my lo-fi "label". I have been digitizing some old cassettes that have been lying around for thirty years. this project is working for me in three ways. I get to hear stuff that's been languishing for years in boxes, I get to learn a new program (DC7) and I get to share the result with whomever is interested. and I hope you are.

Since my last post I have seen a few of the locals working out on various stages, mostly Sadlacks. I saw Kenny Roby do a nice set at the Capitol City Grocery and afterwards broke bread at J Betski's. You can't go wrong with either. Dexter Romweber played one of his usual energetic set at Sad's and you just know I gotta see Dex whenever possible. Dex is the "real thing". also caught Suburban Sweethearts and the T's at Sad's. I forget the dates of these shows but you can look 'em up if it matters. picked up the T's new CD and there are four really good cuts on there. Suburban Sweethearts had Kiss' pictures painted on the drums. that was telling of their sound.

this passed Sunday Sadlacks held a benefit, rescheduled from May 4th, for Drew Glackin whose recent death left medical bills. I was there for the first half of the show and it seemed that Kenny Roby played with everyone there. It was great to see Kenny get a little looser than he does for his acoustic shows.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home