Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Tune Up and Cry

Bartender, pour me another Miller Lite.
Tell me one more naughty story.
The rusting hog outside,
the one we used to ride,
is fading into the cold dark night.

Big spender, drop another coin in the jukebox.
You and I could dance the night away.
My empty heartless pride,
could be pushed aside,
melting into your arms tonight.

Hold me close, pretend you care tonight.
Hold me close, just be there tonight.
Set me up a few more memories
Before I tune up and cry.
Before I tune up and cry.

Hey stranger, buy me another drink or two.
I’ll be your honky tonk angel.
Drinking to forget
But I remember yet,
We just met but I think I love you.

this was written for J Love (& the Janitors) but was never recorded.
Michael Dupree recorded this demo at Duck Kee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home