Sunday, August 26, 2007

here comes the weekend...

In the work-a-day world of my life not much happens during the week that would bear reporting to you, but, occasionally on the weekend my partner and I will venture out into the wilds of Raleigh nightlife. No, you probably won’t catch us at Amra’s even though we DID get our free membership card in the mail. It is more likely that you will find us sampling the fine cuisine at Sadlack’s Heroes just before the band de jour starts to kick out the jams, as we were Friday night. This was my first time seeing the Cartridge Family and I’m glad I finally got a chance to sample their platter of horse doovers .
The previous Friday night we had thrown all caution to the wind on the dance floor for Athens’ own The Vinyl Strangers, who shamelessly deliver power pop for the now people. Oh and if you live anywhere near Athens, Joe promised a Rutles tribute show later in the year. TVS could use a little more power in the pop but still a rock-a-boppin’ little combo that is sure to produce smilefests all up and down the east coast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home