Thursday, March 06, 2008

UBUWeb


I have always been a bit of a dada surrealist fluxus oddball and I am always looking to further my education into artists that run against the grain or do things so outrageous as to create spectacle, especially those historical figures that faced ridicule to have their distinctly MODERN ideas be seen heard read.
I also am interested in the links and inter-relationship between the artists that collaborated and the artists they influenced. an excellent place to do that is the UBUWeb. now that I have more time on my hands, I have been spending some time investigating the amazing amount of information collected there on these important artists and the forward thinking art they created.
though this I discovered Bob Cobbing and immediately thought that young Syd Barrett must surely have been aware of Bob's experimentation with words and sound or Bob was taking off on something he heard in the early Pink Floyd. I have never seen this connection made before but it seemed obvious to me immediately in the piece Chamber Music (1968) (9:01) . I was completely unaware of Bob Cobbings work myself until this week but I made the connection at the outset. Find out about him and more at the UBUWeb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home